The Circuit Clerk's Office became a certified Passport Acceptant Agency in April 2015. Citizens may fill their applications out on-line and bring to the Circuit Clerk's Office or obtain the applications in the office. See below for application requirements and fees or you may call (501) 303-5607.
Passport Applications CANNOT be accepted after 4:00pm.
A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries.
For a certified copy of your Arkansas birth certificate visit HealthyArkansas.
For an all states listing visit Vitalchek.
U.S. passport applications are accepted at the Recorder's Office, a designated acceptance facility.
Step 1: DETERMINE the kind of passport you need.
Get help with this step
Step 2: GATHER the required documents and payment fees.
Step 3: APPLY at the Recorder's Office.
Check the status of your passport application online.
Passport Fee Chart
Passports issued to those 16 years and older are valid for (10) Ten years. Passports for children under 16 years are valid for (5) five years and are not renewable.
Passport Application Requirements:
- One (1) 2” by 2” Passport Photo.
- U.S. Birth Certificate (original or certified copy) or naturalization papers.
- Passport Application completed in black ink or typewritten.
- Driver’s license or a state-issued ID card.
- For children ages birth to 15 years:
- Both parents must sign the application in front of the accepting agent.
- Child(ren) must be present at time of application.
- For children ages 16 and 17:
- One parent must sign the application in front of the accepting agent.
- Child(ren) must sign the application in front of the accepting agent.
Application Fee (made payable to the U.S. Department of State) Must be payable by check or money order
- Book, Adult (age 16 and over) $130.00
- Book, Children (age 15 and under) $100.00
- Card, Adult (age 16 and over) $30.00
- Card, Children (age 15 and under) $15.00
Passport Acceptance Fee $35.00 which is set by U.S. Department of State. (Payable to Saline County Circuit Clerk) Payable by check, debit card, credit card or cash. If paying in cash, exact change ONLY.
Passport Picture $10.00 (Payable to Saline County Circuit Clerk) Payable by check, debit card, credit card or cash. If paying in cash, exact change ONLY.
Recommended use of Overnight Return Delivery Service (USPS Express Mail)
The Overnight Return Delivery Service fee is an optional fee charged when customers request to have their newly issued U.S. Passport book shipped to them using Overnight Return Delivery Service. Please note that Overnight Return Delivery Service is not available for the U.S. Passport Card. Customers applying for the passport book and the passport card will only receive the passport book by Overnight Return Delivery Service. Passport cards will be mailed to the applicants using first class mail service. No fee for cards.
Expedite Fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State) $60.00
PLUS: Expedite shipping fee (payable to the Circuit Clerk) $28.05
Expedite return shipping fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State) $19.53