Visit our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter Visit our YouTube Channel

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


 Information on foreclosure sales, licenses and certificates,
court system, land records, filing fees and more.

Q: What is the contact information for the District Courts?
A: There are six (6) District Courts: Benton (501) 303-5670; Bryant (501) 943-0440; Bauxite (501) 943-0440; Alexander (501) 455-2585; Shannon Hills (501) 943-0440; and Haskell (501) 943-0440.

Q: Where do I pay fines and restitution?
A: Fines and restitution imposed is paid at the Sheriff’s Office. For more information call (501) 303-5609. Fines and restitution ordered by District Court are handled by the District Court.

Q: Are juvenile records available for viewing?
A: No. All juvenile records are confidential.

Q: Where can I get a list of foreclosure sales?
A: All foreclosure sales are posted outside the Circuit Clerk’s Office on the bulletin board.

Q: What do I need to know to bid on foreclosure sales?
A: All property is sold “as is” with no warranty. The Circuit Clerk’s Office does not perform land searches. The Circuit Clerk’s Office only handles the judicial foreclosures or sales ordered by the court. All non-judicial foreclosures are sold in the main hallway of the courthouse. Information on each sale is posted outside the Circuit Clerk’s Office on the bulletin board. The postings are made by the law firm handling the foreclosure.

Q: Does the Circuit Clerk’s Office have blank forms (Divorce, Name Change, Deeds, Mortgages, etc)?
A: No. We do NOT provide any legal forms for divorces, name change, deed, mortgages, etc. You may contact an attorney, Title Company, or if you know how to fill out the forms yourself or you may visit

Q: Where do I file my notary information?
A: Notary information is filed in the Recorder’s Office. For more information on becoming a Notary Public, see the Arkansas Secretary of State web site.

Q: Can I get a copy of my marriage license?                                                                                   A: Marriage licenses are located at the County Clerk’s Office, (501) 303-5630.

Q: Can I get a copy of my birth certificate?                                                                                    A: You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate from the Saline County Health Department. OR

B:The Bureau of Vital Records in Little Rock. For births outside Arkansas, contact the government offices of the state of birth.

Q:  Can I apply for a Passport at the Circuit Clerks Office and do I need an appointment?               A: Yes you can apply at the Circuit Clerks office and NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. 

Q: What type of payment is needed for a Passport?                                                                           A: You will need two forms of payments. 1) a check or money order made out to US Department of State 2) a check, money order or credit card for the Passport Acceptance Fee made out to the Circuit Clerk. 

Q:  Do we need original documents when applying for the US Passport for the first time?                 A: Yes, you must bring in your original birth certificate and/or certified court documents when applying for a new passport.  

Q: How long does it take to process a passport?                                                                              A: Processing times change, please call 501-303-5607 to get the correct processing time.