Recycle Saline - Office Administrator Job Opening
Job Brief Office Administrator
Recycle Saline: A Solid Waste District is a small office located in Downtown Benton. In our office we manage the Landfill Coupon Program, permit waste haulers, manage the Illegal Dumps Control Program, and work with schools educating students through the Youth Environmental Ambassadors program. We are looking for a hardworking professional to help with the organization and running of the daily operations of the office. The ideal candidate will be able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion.
This position is the point of contact for the Landfill Coupon Program that involves extensive public contact, managing the database, and reports associated with the program. This position will handle organizational and clerical support tasks including organizing files, social media, and maintaining the website. As the office administrator you will work closely with our accountant preparing invoices and sending out payments, as well as organizing and preparing for the bi-monthly Recycle Saline Board meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and operates the Landfill Coupon program that includes extensive public contact, managing an excel database and reports.
- Answers incoming calls and emails and provides accurate information to inquirers.
- Keeps current all filing, and data entry, and scanning; paper and electronically
- Support to the District’s accountant, following appropriate procedures for internal control, maintaining confidentiality and safe keeping and handling of cash, assets, and financial information; assists with yearly audit.
- Maintains policy and Board action documents; Board reports, Board books, Board minutes, and filing all Board minutes with the state library, & if resolutions are included that they are sent to the Secretary of State’s office.
- Monitor level of office supplies and handle shortages, oversees maintenance, cleaning of District facilities.
- Maintains all files paper and electronically, as well as District operational information according to the Public Records Policy.
- Attend District sponsored Recycling and Educational Events
- Maintains all updates for social media, District website, and Constant Contact Database.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director
- Prepares daily deposits of monies that are received
Qualifications and Skills
- College Degree; or at least three years experience in similar or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to complete District business in privately owned vehicle.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Comfortable working in the office at times by yourself
- Warm personality and great communication skills
- Experience working with the public
- Strong skills for Microsoft Office Products particularly with Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment managing many varied tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all employees in a team like atmosphere
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Basic Math skills
- Proper telephone etiquette
Based on experience.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment/Life Insurance
Send resume to email@example.com
114 West Sevier St.
Benton, AR 72015
Job Posting will close on March 2, 2018