Saline County, Arkansas
The Veterans Services Office is currently located on the ground floor of the Saline County Courthouse. For direct access to the office, enter the north basement entrance (Conway Street), beside Hope court and Security office. Walk down the ramp through the door marked Veteran Services and follow signs to the office. Eligible veterans and their families have earned many benefits through their service and dedication to the Armed Forces and the Saline County Veterans Services Office offers many solutions, resolutions and answers to assist veterans, their spouses and dependents in obtaining all benefits to which they are entitled from the U. S. Veterans Administration (VA). Services provided include, by are not limited to:
- Benefits counseling
- Request for military records and decorations
- Claims preparation and submission
- VA home loan guarantee eligibility
- Education and Training benefits
- Medical care at VA facilities
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
- Non-service-connected pension
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Disability life insurance and waiver of premiums
- Memorial/Burial benefits
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation for survivors
Eligibility for most VA benefits is based upon discharge from active military service, retirement from the National Guard or Reserves under other than dishonorable conditions. In order to expedite benefits delivery, Veterans seeking a VA benefit for the first time must submit a copy of their service discharge form (DD-214, DD-215, or for World War II Veterans, a WD form). Marriage license is needed for spouse benefits and birth certificates for dependents. The Veteran’s service discharge form should be kept in a safe location accessible to the Veteran and next of kin or designated representative. Veterans can file their DD-214s with the Saline County Circuit Clerk’s Office at no charge.
The Veterans Services Office is located on the Ground Floor of the Saline County Courthouse. Office hours are Monday through Wednesday 8:00-12:00, and Friday 8:00 - 12:00 except on federal and state holidays.
Please schedule an appointment by calling 501.303.5646 or the County Judge's Office at 501.303.5640.
Katie Davis, Veterans Services Officer
Veteran’s Service Office
200 Main Street
Benton, AR 72015
Link to: Women Veterans
Link to: Location to get Military ID cards
Link to: VA Home Loan Center
Link to: Department of Veteran Affairs
Link to: Benefits Flyer
Link to: Government Surplus
1. Thursday, May 21st 3:00 p.m. at North Little Rock Veterans cemetery: Placing flags on each grave. Volunteers and veterans in the community come to help, all are welcome.
2. Thursday, May 21st 6-7:30 p.m. at Saline Co. Fairgrounds:
Benefits seminar to educate veterans and their families of possible benefits their families; food will be provided.
Topics for Discussion:
-How to file for VA Benefits
-Service Connected Disabilities
-Aid & Attendance/Caretaker Programs
3. Monday, May 25th 10:00 a.m. at North Little Rock Veterans cemetery: Memorial Day event.
4. Thursday, May 28th 3:00 p.m. at North Little Rock Veterans cemetery: Removing flags from each grave.